The Rural Health Association of Tennessee (RHAT) is a not-for-profit organization of individuals and organizations committed to improving the health of rural Tennesseans by providing leadership on rural issues through advocacy, communication, education and legislation. Since 1995 RHAT has worked to effect a positive change in the health and well-being of all rural people in Tennessee through the proactive involvement of our members, other organizations, and policymakers in identifying and resolving rural health care concerns.
Click here to fill out the online membership application.
You may also download and print the membership application and mail it with your payment to:
Rural Health Association of Tennessee, Inc.
P. O. Box 656
Decaturville, TN 38329
- Be a voice in advocating for state and federal health policies and funding programs that affect the quality of life and the economic vitality of rural Tennessee.
- Attend educational seminars and hear from recognized experts in rural health to learn current information and trends.
- Receive Highlights, the RHAT newsletter that includes information about the Association's activities, useful web sites, grant announcements and much more.
- Receive the Rural Health Digest, a bi-weekly email chock full of information of relevance to rural Tennessee. Click here for sample.
- Affiliate Membership in National Rural Health Association (NRHA) that includes email subscription to Rural Roads and NRHA's Action and Media Alerts.
- Meet and network with others interested in rural health and the health care industry.
- Receive discounts on educational workshops.
The Rural Health Association of Tennessee offers these categories of membership:
Any legally constituted organization with four or more members. An organizational member is entitled to identify up to four persons as part of their membership. The organization shall annually submit to RHAT the names of the four organizational members who are eligible to vote on matters submitted to the membership.
Any eligible individual not holding membership in another category.
Persons who are enrolled full time in an educational institution.